Tuesday 14 April 2009

Booty bargains.



Monday morning and we decided to go to the annual car boot sale in Liskeard.

A lot smaller than usual, we did manage to pick up a few bargains. These 3 beautiful teddies, I just couldnt leave them sat on the grass looking so destitute,especially at 50p each. I was lucky to spot some blue gingham curtains again 50p which will look great in the kitchen, and a book on saltdough for my friend Lisa who wants to try out something new.


About 3 years ago at the same car boot I bought a small round ceramic lid, which just took my eye I paid £1.50 for it. A few months later I decided to do some research on line to see what it was. It turned out to be a pot lid, some of which can be quite valuable. Anyway to cut a long story short I put it on Ebay with a £50 reserve as I had bought it because I liked it. 10 days later and with a last minute flurry of bids it achieved £1583.


Alas no such finds this year, but I live in hope.

1 comment: